17.8.13

Misc Works in Progress

Hot damn, I've been a busy girl! Work at uni, my new Tee shop and regular(ish) A Goblin Guardian updates have been keeping my hands pretty full continuously this year. But although it's tiring, it's been super interesting and quite fun to learn so many new things! Makes me really sad to not have so much time to draw or paint any more, though, as it's a 3D course, but things are about to get a lot busier with a top-secret sideproject ZaneA and I are working on, fwee! <33

I had a rare amount of spare time this week, so I decided to give this little blog some lovin' with a short update and some WIP screencaps. I have loads of stuff to show off, but I'll try to leave some for later. ;) I've been practising quite a lot and I feel that my drawings have become a lot more solid. I've always struggled with light as well, so I've taken the time to do a few portrait studies, too. Life drawing made all the difference omg... So without further ado...

Here's a pretty random painting I did at the start of the year. It was super unplanned as always and it's pretty plain, so I don't find it overly appealing, but I think it could count as one of the first paintings I completed in the new year... Here's a step-by-step:


         



Final!



And next is a portrait I painted of my best friend a while ago. I sometimes look at it and still feel that it's a little muddy, but I'm quite pleased with the result in general:

Blending, no smudge tool ftw.




Ta-dah!

So as you can see, big difference. I think I'll leave it at that for now! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment